The national drink of Peru – a drink that has a national holiday to celebrate its importance to Peruvians!
- 240 ml Pisco (Quebranta)
- 80 mls fresh lime juice
- 80 mls sugar syrup
- 1/2 – 1 egg white
- 1-3 drops bitters (Peruvian Amargo Chuncho or Angostura bitters)
- Pop the ingredients (except the bitters) in a blender with a handful of ice
- Blend for 1 minute until thick and frothy
- Pour into short glasses
- Top each glass with 1-3 drops of bitters, making sure to allow the bitters to sit on top of the froth and avoid mixing them through the cocktail. Serves 4.
* Sugar syrup is made by heating equal quantities of sugar and water, and stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Cool before using.
Download the recipe card here!